So I have to confess, I didn’t make it to Sparks this weekend. After all the summer vacationing, I was feeling a bit behind and decided to better use my time to finish a few projects (and have a little fun) before fall set in. So I pulled up my big girl britches, vowed to catch Sparks in the Spring and made some real headway around the house. Here’s just some of what I accomplished:
- Purchase supplies for my son’s preschool classroom.
- Install an in-cabinet pullout for my pots and pans. (I’ll tell you all about this one in a later post.)
- Purchas a new light for the basement, which didn’t get installed because it came out of the package broken. (So back on the to-do list it goes.)
- Shop for a new car. (If you have any suggestions for an SUV with third-row seating, bring it on.)
- Watch the Royals lose to the White Sox on a hot and muggy summer’s night.
- Host our annual Fantasy Football Draft. My team is awesome, by the way.
- Finish watching the second season of “When Calls the Heart.” Talk about a smile that can make a girl melt. (Check out this witty and romantic Hallmark original on Netflix. It’s a great family show.)
- Buy, plant and relocate flowers. . . lots of flowers.
- Make a visit to urgent care to check the huge red welt on my arm from a spider that didn’t care much for my planting in and around his space.
- Dig up and relocate one of the moles that has completely destroyed our lawn. It came up squeaking with one of my relocated bushes and my husband promptly found it a new home with lots of open space to dig.
BONUS: Take some time to throw the football in the front yard with my husband and son.