Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 14 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
My Secret Subject is:
One of the best parts about being a mom is the wealth of awesome memories a child or children bring to your life (at least to me). Some of my own favorite memories involve something funny my kiddo said or something that made me think “what the…?!” What are some of your funny/what the ***? memories of your child or children?
It was submitted by: http://climaxedtheblog.
First, let me just say, where in the world should I begin? I have one child, only one, but he’s four and I swear he has been talking in complete sentences from the day he uttered a word. Now sometimes he has no clue what he’s saying, sometimes his manners don’t know what he is saying, sometimes I can’t believe what he’s saying; but in the end, it sure doesn’t keep him from saying it.
If you’re familiar with my blog, or not, you should know that just such “Mama Moments” are a big part of my daily posts. In fact, I have a whole category devoted to my misadventures, discoveries, pride, smooth overs and perplexities of motherhood. . . and there is no way I can possibly record it all.
So let’s see. . . there was the time my son announced to the family behind us in church that he had nipples, or the time he kept asking why the sales lady was fat (very loudly and repetitively). There is the time he accused a couple of ladies of taking our parking spot or asked why the retirees at the next table were “so old.”
Of course, amid all the back pedaling, apologizing, long talks and explanations, we do have our triumphs. That little guy can make me smile just by asking the most innocent questions like: Does God have bones? Why do babies poop their pants? or Why did God make kitty cats? His antics can also get us into some of the silliest of situations, like tiptoeing through poop in a parking lot, proudly bidding on his first auction item or doing the potty dance during the toilet training time.
Regardless of the goods, the bads and the not-so-uglies, I love every minute of being a mom. I wish I could record each and every Mama Moment so that I never let a single one slip away, but sometimes I just revel in the experience (or duck and run) and try to enjoy this journey called motherhood.
If you want to read more of the fun, here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
- http://www.BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
- http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/ Stacy Sews and Schools
- http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com The Bergham’s Life Chronicles
- http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com Spatulas on Parade
- http://dinoheromommy.com/ Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
- http://themomisodes.com The Momisodes
- http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com Climaxed
- http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com Someone Else’s Genius
- http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch Confessions of a part-time working mom
- http://thelieberfamily.com The Lieber Family
- http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
- http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com Searching for Sanity
- http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com Sparkly Poetic Weirdo